- Proven experience with Administration of MS SQL Server 2012 suite (including Analysis, Integration and Reporting Services).
- Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services(SSAS)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database, SQL server and client problems.
- Experience with database indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience diagnosing SQL server performance issues and bottlenecks.
- Experience with MSFT clustering services, MS Windows Server OS, Active Directory, SPNs, ACLs, and proper disk subsystem configurations.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience with database backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Good knowledge of database, server security and auditing procedures.
- Good written and communication skills
- Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing logs and reports for proactive management, responding to database related alerts and escalations, and working with application owners to find solutions to recurring problems
- Implementing new systems and technologies, periodic hardware refreshes and software version upgrades of corporate SQL infrastructure environment Good working knowledge with Windows Server OS, AD, SANs, Windows clustering, and networking components is highly desired