SAP Project Manager
Ashville, NC (80-90% travel)
12 - 15 years
SAP Project Manager with Activate experience, PMI a plus
- SAP Project Manager focused on delivery of SAP Retail or Fashion projects while ensuring compliance with Activate Methodology
- Direct and manage complete life-cycle of the SAP Project including the planning, design, programming, testing, and implementation
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project objectives to time, budget and project quality criteria.
- Create and Maintain the Project Plan and Schedule with status updates
- Prepare updates/status of all projects on a monthly basis to Senior Management
- Facilitate weekly project status meetings and document meeting minutes from status meetings
- Escalate to Management when issues or obstacles arise that need support
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Proactively manage all contract terms, including changes in work scope, timeline, and obligations and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to formalize and administer contract changes.
- Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance
- Assist in developing best practice project management methodologies, tools and processes.
- Reinforces Applexus knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
Skills & knowledge:
- An in-depth understanding of SAP Project activities and the Activate Methodology
- Experience in running status meetings and communicating to all levels of client and internal management
- Strong understanding of Agile principles and how they apply to SAP projects
- Proven ability to manage fixed price projects
- Proficient in the use of the MS toolset including Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Retail or Fashion industries a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree – Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years SAP consulting experience as Associate Project Manager or Project Manager
- Strong leadership skills - able to lead customer engagements at a director level.
- Understanding of SAP Methodology and Agile principles.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Worked previously in a consulting role with a SAP services provider
- PMI certification a plus
- Must have Fashion/AFS /Retail domain experience