We have a unique position for an experienced Senior Product Manager on the Retail software product team to help drive the expansion of our retail software product. You will help develop and drive the business strategy and product vision for our product and be accountable for the success of the product. You must enjoy being in a client facing role and have experience working with partners to identify requirements and work with partners and internal stakeholders to develop solutions. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products.
- 10+ years of experience in retail software product management strategies
- Proven experience of interfacing with customers and understanding their needs.
- Strong Techno-Commercial/ Business Orientation knowledge
Skills & Competencies
- Product Managers with a strong retail Domain background and experience in product management
- Demonstrate deep understanding of retail software features and functionality.
- Proven success in launching successful products and features.
- Detail and design oriented and always thinking of the end-user experience.
- A proven track record of releasing products in a technical environment
- Experience in a consulting environment with demonstrated collaboration, creativity and innovation.
- Be an expert with respect to competitor products and services and strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in the market.
- Ability to translate business requirements into practical solutions.
- Experience in leading and driving product roadmaps across engineering, sales, marketing functions.
- Experience working on Customer facing (B2C) products.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different functional groups, developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- Ability to team with and influence people at all levels across functions is required.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong problem solving skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent Communication skill, presentation skills and client facing skills
- Willing to travel as and when required.
- Strong leadership skills to lead by influence and not authority.
- Meticulous and articulate in communication and delivery of responsibilities.
The Job Responsibilities will include but not limited to
- Provide deep retail product expertise needed to lead the organization and make strategic product decisions.
- Guiding the success of a product and leading the cross-functional team.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from planning to execution.
- Analyse market and competitive conditions, laying out a product vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value based on customer demands
- Managing dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
- Own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas.
- Determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward
- Setting up product vision and strategy
- Defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to bring the product to market.
- Should manage dependencies in and across releases to complete release phases and milestones.
- Generating, developing and curating new ideas and determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward.
- Responsible for defining the requirements for each feature and the desired user experience.
- Product managers work closely with engineering on the technical specifications and ensure that teams have all of the information they need to deliver a complete product to market.
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Work with Product Development teams to ensure that they understand product requirements, business needs and actively participate in providing any needed guidance and clarification in a timely manner.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- To gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and articulate the customer requirements and market requirements in to a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap.
- Gather, nurture product vision and requirements by working with customers and prospects, market research and competitive analysis.
- Enable the field to best position the product, create and deliver training content for direct sales teams as well as partners and support teams.
- Drive strategic partner decisions relevant to the product.
- Developing product pricing and positioning strategies.