A demanding role that will require hands-on experience with database management - Linux/Windows and security. You will be responsible for the day to day operation of product development including writing functions or procedures, maintain of databases for development, quality and production environments. We are seeking a candidate with good skills in database tuning, maintenance, PSQL and Linux who is passionate about database administration.
- Overall 6-8 years of experience and 4-5 years of experience as PostgreSQL DBA
- Work with team members on the design & development of a product to define powerful APIs
- Good understanding of new features released in latest version of PostgreSQL (10 and above)
- Establish processes and best practices with defined database standards
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews
- Ability to pro-actively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Must have PostgreSQL Administration experience, maintenance and tuning.
- Must have skills on Database clustering, high availability and replication, backup, auto recovery, pooling
- Assist in developing and implementing best practices for DR and Backups
- Good working knowledge of Logging and Monitoring tools
- Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including database schema, queries, views, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and materialized views
- Develop complex SQL code using joins, sub-queries and troubleshoot the SQL code.
- Expert level skills in Optimize queries, indexes, functions & stored procedure and database design and performance tuning
- Solid understanding of query execution plans and query optimization, index management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels
- Good knowledge of views, partitioning, aggregation, window function and caching.
- Ensure integrity of data structures and the quality of data content
- Experience with message queuing, full-text indexing, and other high-performance data concepts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment
Nice to have skills:
- Excellent communication and interpretation skills.
- Working in AWS and their database related services e.g. RDS.
- Experience with NoSQL support in PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. Apache Cassandra)
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Understanding of big data concepts
- Data visualization tools