BI Data Foundation and Strategic Reporting Solution for a Leading Athletic Clothing and Accessory Retailer
The BI solution that we built for our customer enabled multi-criteria smart decision making in sales and operations, global logistics, retail stock movement and inventory roll forward.
Our customer is an American sports performance clothing and accessory retailer. With their one-of-a-kind moisture-wicking fabrics, they have earned a spot as one of the world’s top innovation companies on Forbes. Being an athletic apparel warrior, their performance athletic clothing and accessories are used by National Hockey League, the U.S. Ski Team, USA Rugby, the National Lacrosse League, and Major League Lacrosse. The company’s products are sold online as well as through retail outlets (more than 20,000) in the U.S. and overseas.
With business data spread across North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Japan and Africa, it seemed difficult for our customer to replicate data in real time with SAP BW. Moreover, the performance of BW objects, BEx reports were really slow when used in conjunction with SAP BusinessObjects BI. It was difficult to amalgamate data from various sources in the customer’s legacy system like Epicor, SAP BW, SAP Business One, ERPNext to uncover fast, meaningful insights.
Awesome! Thank you so much for pushing through this request. Your efforts are integral for meeting our deadlines.
- View global revenue based on end use, product category, etc. and measure growth, sales activities against retail KPIs
- Provide strategic reporting solutions for distribution houses and third-party logistics providers and track logistics activities
- Compare retail performance across all regions, subregions and subchannels with business metrics
- Maintain safe stocking levels and set forward consumption days at or below 115 days
- Reduce purchase capital by $600k with precise demand forecasting and assortment optimization
Applexus built a business intelligence solution atop SAP HANA platform, replacing the Customer’s business intelligence solution based on traditional database. We helped them extract real-time data from disparate systems using SLT and BODS jobs, set up advanced data models with SAP HANA and built analytic solution with web intelligence and dashboard designer tools from SAP Business Objects on top of HANA model. Our in-memory, optimized computing solution based on SAP HANA seemed perfect for speedy analytical and transactional processing. It was also possible to handle huge volumes of data and generate reports in no time.
- SAP HANA data foundation to receive sales plan from different functional areas and assess plan realization in North America and other areas
- Logistics report creation by consolidating data from inbound marketing dashboard, sales processing dashboard, shipping status dashboard, inbound and outbound sales scorecard and sales management tools
- Multi-sourced data foundation for global retail reporting from disparate systems such as ERP, POS (Epicor) and master data systems
- Retail executive dashboard that provide a drill down of sales by product, territory, campaign and provide a holistic view of product flow through distribution house
- Inventory roll forward solution merging sales projection data, expected inbound receipts and sales transfer forecast data to improve merchandise planning
A mobile-friendly customer interface provided consolidated view of global revenue and made drill-down analysis of metrics such as division, region, end use easier. The solution also eliminated manual merging of retail reports and enabled comparison of retail performance against business metrics in a jiffy. By imparting greater granularity into their business, they could witness minimised deviation (less than or equal to 1%) of actual returns from expected returns. Moreover, they could align their business well with forecasted revenue and growth.